MTN has unveiled Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) call service in Nigeria. This is to enable users to have an improved user experience and good communication.
The MTN VoLTE Call Services also provides high definition (HD) calls, provides customers who own compatible devices with superior natural-sounding voice quality, faster connection, and reduces background noise.
Mr. Adia Sowho who is the Chief Marketing Officer of MTN Nigeria said,
“With VoLTE, MTN Nigeria continues to enhance Nigerian lives with innovative technology. VoLTE is free to access today at your rates, from a VoLTE-enabled smartphone so you can call and surf at the same time with no interruptions ever again. We move!”
The service will be charged at regular call rates and It will be available to all customers with VoLTE-enabled devices such as Tecno Phantom X, Infinix Zero X, and Infinix Zero X Pro smartphones. The support for other devices from Samsung, Nokia, Apple, Tecno, and so on will come later.
What Are the Benefits of MTN VoLTE Call Services?
- VoLTE enables simultaneous LTE data surfing and voice calls
- The next generation voice codec technology, HD voice+ (3GPP standardized, Evolved Voice Service (EVS)) provides users with better voice quality than HD voice.
- Improved voice quality with new codec for HD voice (AMR-WB) is default on LTE/VoLTE enabled smartphones
- Enable Wi-Fi calling to improve indoor voice coverage. Seamless voice handover between LTE and Wi-Fi
How to Start Using VoLTE on Your Smartphone
To start using Volte,
- check that they have a 4G USIM
- check that they are within a 4G coverage area by texting 4G to 131
- update their VOLTE smartphone to the latest software version, then restart your phone
- Go to ‘Phone settings’
- Then go to ‘System’ > to ‘System update’
- then choose ‘Online update’
Customers without a 4G USIM can schedule an appointment by visiting https://scheduler.mtnonline.com/qwebbook/
Do you find this post informative? comment below and share.