IF you constantly work with computer,One thing you might have noticed with windows 8/8.1 is the Hibernate option which is enabled on window 7,while other options are there; Sleep, Shut down, or Restart.
But Why on earth would Microsoft disable this option ? I personnally dont know. (and if you can think of any good reason why Microsoft disable Hibernate from Windows 8 ,I will like to hear.)
lets get started. please follow the step below
- In your dextop tray, click the battery icon and select More power options from the panel that pops up
- or right click on dextop and click on personalize , then click on display
- click on adjust brightness
- In the power options window, select either “Choose what closing the lid does” or “Choose what the power button does” from the left panel.
- on the next interface, click the blue text which says Change settings that are currently unavailable
- a new interface comes up with new set of options which become available.
- Check the box next to Hibernate and click Save changes.